KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a bosch built in micro wave. The unit has a 10amp internal

I have a bosch built in micro wave. The unit has a 10amp internal fuse which has been replaced. The clock timer works---but when the power 900 is swiched on the fuse blows.

Im concermed that the repair may exceed the value of the unit.

Is there a repair centre near Maldon Essex.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

Customer:

E-Nr.HMT8655GB/02

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the fuse replaced? and the fuse blows only when power 900 is swiched on ?

Customer:

FD 8409 X94280305 its age dont know

KevinWhiteJA :

Customer:

the fuse had already blown, thats why i replaced it.

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, and I never asked to replace that again

KevinWhiteJA :

The fuse keeps on blowing again and again because the problem is either with the high voltage transformer or high voltage capacitor...as these units have high voltage even when switched off we don't recommend doing the repair yourself however, if you still want to DIY then you will have discharge the HV Capacitor first and then replace the HV transformer ...depending on the part that requires replacement the cost might go upto £100

KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact either the manufacturer or http://www.repaircare.co.uk/repair/home for local repair engineer

Customer:

At last ive got some info. It indicates that the unit will not be worth attention, sorry for wasting your time. I do not use

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry for any delay but I was waiting for your reply and that was the reason it took sometime...

KevinWhiteJA :

as the timer is working so it seems the control is fine..You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

I found that the timer works,the temp buttons work, Its when the load switch is pressed then it goes dead.

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is the reason I believe the problem is with HV transformer or capacitor...everything else seems to be fine

Customer:

I think I might call it a day ,perhaps get a estimate locally. Sorry for delay im trying to understand this communication

KevinWhiteJA :

No problem...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Have a Good Day

Customer:

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Cheers