Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I had a new boiler installed recently (a valliant eco tec plus)

I had a new boiler installed recently (a valliant eco tec plus) i work away and when i came home the gas had cut out so the boiler was off. When i got it restarted the heating came on no problem but there is nothing coming out the hot water tap
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Has the water supply to the boiler been turned off underneath?

Customer:

no, the pressure was down, so i topped it up. The central heating functions correctly aswell

XXXXX XXXXX :

When you turn the water off after filling it sounds like you have shut off the supply?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Is it a 3 way tap to fill the boiler?

Customer:

No its a 2 way valve, clearly marked open and close. There is 2 valves one comes directly from the water mains, this is permanently open and one going to a seperate line, which i use to pressure the boiler.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok, strange, the valve on the 15mm supply is the one that shuts off the cold feed to the boiler and therefore shuts off the hot water out to the taps.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you try turning on the hot tap and then giving the valve a wiggle in either direction and see if you get the water flowing again

Customer:

Its in the position marked up closed, but i now have water flowing out my taps ? The water is warm aswell, Thanks very much, i feel stupid