Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

How do I replace a neff built in dish washer handle? Mod.

Customer Question

How do I replace a neff built in dish washer handle?
Mod. No. S4130FOGB/14
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

It seems its an old unit

JACUSTOMER-wkx1zcov- :

is this the best you can do?

KevinWhiteJA :

To start with the replacement, if its integrated unit then you will have to remove the decor door....after this is done take off the facia panel, if you want you can remove the outer door panel as well...after this is done, you can now remove the door locking mechanism & the door handle

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Video

KevinWhiteJA :

this is not for your model however, will give you an idea on how it is done

JACUSTOMER-wkx1zcov- :

Looking at the door I don't think I have to take the decor door off, are you sure you know the type of the model

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, if it is integrated then the decor door should be removed... if you do not want to take the decor door off then you can take off the inside of the door

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know if you need more help so that I can assist you

JACUSTOMER-wkx1zcov- :

Looking at the inside of the dishwasher door there are six screws,I would have thought looking at it unscrew them and the back would lift away

KevinWhiteJA :

Just the screws located at the upper half of the door should be removed so that you can separate the control panel from the inner part to replace the door handle

JACUSTOMER-wkx1zcov- :

There are no screws on the upper half of the door, just three screws on each side of the door,Idon't think we are getting any where with this.

KevinWhiteJA :

Alright, if you think so then I will opt out of this question and open it to all again...someone else might be able to help you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Did not give me the right info on the type of dish washer I give, I give the Mod. No
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Bit of confusion there, it's a semi integrated machine so, you're right, the décor door doesn't have to come off.

The screws are a bit of strange one as normally there's a screw at each upper corner of the door (on the inside) that screws through into the facia panel. Another one below the corners and 2 either side of the slot on the inside of the door.

I can't remember coming across one without the screws.

Can you check the inside of the door for me please?
I know there's a larger screw either side of the door, near the top, that holds the metal panel inside in place.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Like I have said, just three screws on each side of the inside door,no other screws any where, this looks as though it holds the back panel on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Like I have said only three screws down each side of the the inside of the door

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, in that case, the facia must be held by screws on the front.

Sorry, you will need the décor door off.
I haven't come across this method in a very long time but, if memory serves me right, you have to take the décor door off, take the fillers off (if fitted) and then take the screws holding the facia panel in place out.

Have a look, let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think the info I have had is worth £28

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Did you get the facia off?
Did you manage to change the handle?
If you did, then the information helped you.

Your choice
We work on an honour system
If you don't want to pay, don't rate.

I'll opt out of your question now
Don't reply, it just locks your question to me and I won't be monitoring it