Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

WHERE IS THE SERVICE SWITCH ON A WINTERHALTER GS202 GLASS

Customer Question

WHERE IS THE SERVICE SWITCH ON A WINTERHALTER GS202 GLASSWASHER
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thanks for using Just Answer. On your machine, it should have been wired into your panel (electrical) box. In order to service these units, the breaker/fuse needs to be turned off, or pulled. As for your code,your Magnetic valve is not closing. So what is going on is that your tub is over filling and this is why you are getting water coming out. You'll need to shut off the water valve and have this looked at. Depending on the type of water you have, it could be plugging up with hard deposits causing it to stick open. As far as Winterhalter say's about it ... they want you to get a hold of their customer service. Apparently if they have this in their manuals, there are normally problems. The best way for you to see what is going on, is to remove the valve and take a look for yourself. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. Gary

JACUSTOMER-7gogdckw- :

it says in the service manual to switch off the machine, set the service switch to ON, then switch on the the machine, then press button 3 which is the start button. this will set up the test program so as to test each component. But where is the service ON switch. and which magnetic valve are you on about as the one in the

JACUSTOMER-7gogdckw- :

It says in the service manual to switch off the machine, set the service switch to ON, then switch on the the machine, then press button 3 which is the start button. this will set up the test program so as to test each component. But where is the service ON switch. and which magnetic valve are you on about as the one in the water softener has been changed and the fault is still there.

JACUSTOMER-7gogdckw- :

It says in the service manual to switch off the machine, set the service switch to ON, then switch on the the machine, then press button 3 which is the start button. this will set up the test program so as to test each component. But where is the service ON switch. and which magnetic valve are you on about as the one in the water softener has been changed and the fault is still there. kind regards Peter.

Gary :

Hi Peter, The "service switch" isn't on your unit. Your unit is suppose to wired to "two" switches. Both were to be provided by customer. One switch is your breaker/fuse panel and the other one is suppose to be with-in 3 feet from your machine. This switch is your "service" switch. Now to see if you have one, you'll need to follow the wires coming from your machine and see where they lead to. Otherwise, who ever wired this unit did a direct wire to the breaker/fuse panel box. If so, you'll have to shut off the electrical from your panel box. If this is the case, I would strongly suggest you have one installed. As for the Magnetic valve, I'm referring to the one on your machine. It controls your water inlet. If you have any more questions, please let me know Gary

Gary :

I just thought of something, There should be a electrical outlet type box that your machine is hooked up to. This is where your "service" switch should be. This box contains the wires coming from your panel box that are tied into your machine. Again if you have questions, please ask Gary

JACUSTOMER-7gogdckw- :

I,m not on about the mcb in the consumer unit or the 20amp isolation switch a metre away. In the workshop manual it says "To set up test programme" 1. Switch off machine. 2. Set service switch to ON. 3 switch on machine. 4 keep pressed the start button for 3 seconds. My QUESTION is where is the service switch on the machine, not the main isolation supply switch or mcb before the machine. The solenoid inlet valve works perfectly. I need to run a full diagnostic on the machine, it tells you all the error codes, it tells you how to run a full diagnostic on the machine, but does not tell you where this SERVICE SWITCH is . Unless the winterhalter engineers are shown when on there training courses. ?

Gary :

Hi, I'm sorry about the confusion. I went to four different manuals over your question. The manual from the company doesn't say anything about "service switch" when it comes to testing the program. The other manuals that breaks down this unit completely says the same thing ... nothing. Now with this said, the nearest thing I can figure out is that there could be a "service switch" build in the "Operating Panel" I don't know if you ran though all of the setting that this machine has to offer or not. However one would think that if there is a "service" setting it would say in the book. I looked at the wiring diagram on this thing, and it shows no separate switch, so it must be built in either the "Operating Panel" or it's on the "Program Control" board. Outside of these two areas, I'm at a lost. As per your closing questions, I'm with you. Sometimes when you work on equipment you have to wonder what the engineers were thinking about when they put this together. I understand this may have not helped much and for that I'm sorry. If it isn't in the two places where I said to look, I would suggest that you call the company and ask them. If they charge or not to speak to their service tech. support I don't know. I wish you the best. Gary.