Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

how do I fit replacement water tank to rs21fcns fridge freezer

how do I fit replacement water tank to rs21fcns fridge freezer . have received part but no
instructions
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Extremely difficult if you do it the proper way.

You have to disconnect and pull out the original tubing, which is underneath the fridge and freezer compartments.

Easiest way is to get 2 push fit connectors of the correct size and simply cut and joint the new bottle onto the existing tubing inside the fridge.

Copy and paste the following for Ebay link with pictures of the type of connector I mean. You will need to determine the size of the tubing though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xtubing+push+fit+connector&_nkw=tubing+push+fit+connector&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I can dig out the service manual and see if there's instructions on replacement there if you prefer.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you please look at instructions can not see how to pull ot

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Have you unscrewed the tank yet?

There's nothing in the service manual for this.

However, there's a connector at the bottom, just before the hinge for the freezer door.
The other tube goes to the filter (if fitted) or direct to the inlet valve.

Once you have them disconnected and the tank off, you have to pull the tubing into the fridge.

It's difficult and it needs to be sealed after changing it.
This is why we fit the connectors.

I've emailed a contact in the trade to see if he has any instructions for the change.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not disconnected yet looks like only way to go is connectors in side fridge but will wait to see if instructions avail able

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
To be honest, I've never seen any but I should get a response from him tonight.
Post again tomorrow and I'll update.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Just to let you know, I have received a reply to my email and I'm informed, as I suspected, there are no printed instructions on how to do this.

It's as I said earlier.

You disconnect from the inlet valve (or filter if fitted) and at the bottom of the freezer door (just under the machine behind the plinth) then, it has to be pulled into the fridge cavity.

The new tubing then has to be fed through the old holes into the underside and reconnected.

I still suggest a couple of connectors for an easy fix.

You'll find it's done my most repairers and some suppliers even sell the water bottle with a couple of connectors.

If you copy and paste the following into a new browser window, it will bring up a video showing how to replace the bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoQk_Z6l35c

Good luck with the repair.

Hope this helps