Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Beko DL1043W that needs the default settings reset.

Customer Question

This newly installed dishwasher won't run a cycle, it never drained properly after the very 1st wash it had (no dishes just the manufacturer's recommended 1st wash). On the 1st wash it never stopped the dry cycle (ran for 4 hours before I turned machine off, disconnected and drained by hand). I believe the anti-flood device was tripped. Could anyone please advise the reset procedure.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Is this a new install or replacing an old machine?
How is the drain hose connected to the house drains?
When you manually drained it and started a new program, did the drain pump run first?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a replacement for an ancient Candy dishwasher and the new drain hose (supplied with machine) is connected to the house drain as the old one was. The drainage hose is positioned to the manufacturers recommended height with no kinks or loops. There was some drainage after the 1st wash but never fully drained. I checked the drainage pipe and there are no blockages of food or debris.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, I don't know how your old hose was connected.
Stand pipe or spigot?

Not draining fully would suggest there's a restriction.
Get a large bucket, put the drain hose into it (at least 3/4 the height of the dishwasher) and run it.
See if it empties properly.

There's no factory reset to be done.

If draining is ok into a bucket, check the drains.
If draining is poor into a bucket, the hose is restricted.

If it's still full of water, starting a new program brings on the drain pump first. Does it empty then?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was connected via a stand pipe.

The drainage doesn't seem to be the problem. The machine is fully drained and now won't pull water in. Nothing happens when I turn the machine on, no water going into the machine.

This is why I suspect the anti-flood system was triggered and won't reset. Machine won't fill with water at all so I can't test the drainage any further. This is brand new machine, the previous machine drained just fine before I de-installed it. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, that's totally different to what I've taken from your original post.

If the anti flood is triggered , you'll be getting an alarm.
Are you getting any flashing lights?

To check if there's water in the base, tilt the machine rearward until it's almost on it's back and see if water comes out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I did mention in my original question that I believed the anti-flood device had been triggered and that's why I was asking for a factory default reset (to reset the anti-flood device) and under the heading 'Already tried' that I had checked for blockages.

This is an economy model, no alarms and no flashing lights unfortunately. Nothing to indicate that the anti-flood device has been triggered.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When the anti flood is triggered, it brings the drain pump on.

As I said in my previous post, there is no factory reset.
You simply cancel the existing program.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again.
See if anyone has come across this on a brand new machine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your time.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer. In reading your conversation with the other expert, I can understand where he was coming from. As for your machine, he is right that there is no reset or default setting. I have come accross sisters to this machine and this problem you are experienceing is rare, but not unheard of. I would suggest you get a hold of the store where you purchased it from and have it replaced. The control board has a crack in it and it's not giving out the "correct" information to operate correctly. As for the drying time, well 3 hours or more isn't unheard of. You can set it to ecomony setting and it'll shorten it down. I'm sorry about your problem, but since it's new and under waranty, I would suggest you put in a claim for replacement. If they won't, then they'll send out a person that will repair it for you at no cost. If you decide to work on this by yourself, in most cases it'll void the waranty so when something major like this happens, you'll end up stuck with the bill. I wish you the best ... Gary