Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Sir/Madam, Fridge freezer Matsui MCS55W staying on for 55

Sir/Madam,
Fridge freezer Matsui MCS55W staying on for 55 mins + at a time, using up to 4kW of power at a time this cannot be right surely, any ideas?

Ray.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Ray, and thank you for using Just Answer. When you say "staying on" I guessing you mean running for 55 minutes continuously. This is a sign of low free-on. It's the gas inside your unit that keeps the temperature down. This also tells you that you could have a small leak in your refrigerator system. Sometimes the sweat joints crack due to vibration, or it this is leaning against the wall, the movement of the freezer with the door opening and closing will also add strain to the cooling coils on the back. You'll need to call out a repair guy to have this checked. If it's a small leak it could be hard to find. When they refill your unit they sometimes will put dye in it so it'll show where the leak is. I wouldn't wait to long to have this repaired because the added time running it's doing is putting a awful strain on the compressor. To have this replaces is costly. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Gary