Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

We have Amana (Genair) Refrigerator normaly running at -17

Customer Question

We have Amana (Genair) Refrigerator normaly running at -17 +3 but freezer changes to -11 + 4 and then changes back, could this be a problem with the fan?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer; If your frig is "frost free" then no what you see is normal. A frost free frig has to cycle once a day to keep it from freezing up. If it's not, there still isn't much to worry about. I would check your compressor, and cooling coils in the back and make sure they are clean. If you have to much "ice" build up inside your unit it will affect it some as well. With this said, your thermostat could be getting a false reading. I have noticed that any "can" items around the thermostat will radiate off colder temps, thus telling the thermostat it's up to or in this case down to operating temperature. If your frig isn't making any noise and it sounds like it did, I wouldn't worry to much. However, you may want to keep an eye on it. 5 to 6 degree's from range is normal. If it gets 10 degrees or more out of range and still no noise, you could be looking at a thermostat problem. Gary