Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

i have an electrolux esl 624 dishwasher that was tripping out

i have an electrolux esl 624 dishwasher that was tripping out cause was the heater element blew due to a faulty inlet valve i had both of these changed the machine worked away fine for a few days then started tripping again if you let it sit for a day or so it would work again but now it trips straight away when you turn it on
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. Per your problem, you now have a direct short. Now, the cause of this could be many different things. By what you are describing it's sounds like it's water caused. My reasoning is that you mentioned that after you changed the parts it worked fine and then it started up all over again. (Slow leak occurred) You let it sit, then it works. When you let it sat, you gave the water a chance to dry off, thus not creating a short. Now, what you need to do is go back over and check on your replacement parts. See if water is traveling in where it isn't suppose to. When you check for electrical connections, look for burnt ends or black marks. Please make sure you have the POWER OFF prior to you doing this. Remember that water will take the least restricted way of travel just like electricity. It's possible that water followed down a wire and then drip off somewhere else. Water also leaves marks especially when it drys. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Let me know how you do as well. Thanks Gary

Customer:

would it have anything to do with the float or could you tell me where the float switch is located