KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

The green light on our smeg oven is on and we cannot turn the

Customer Question

The green light on our smeg oven is on and we cannot turn the oven on. It will nit heat up.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it

JACUSTOMER-eehkru4e- : Model number scp399x -8. It is about 3 years old
KevinWhiteJA :

OK Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Oven door is opening freely as earlier

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, seems you are not here....as everything else is working fine the problem seems to be with the thermostat that is bad and will need replacement...you will have to check the thermostat for continuity...no continuity means it should be replaced, if it tests fine then you will have to check the timer control

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further
assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are
satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-eehkru4e- : Strange that it would suddenly be a thermostat issue. To me it is linked to using the pyrolitic cleaning function as soon as this finished we were left with this green light on and no oven function. So nithing else is working fine .
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes this cleaning function uses extensive heat to clean the unit and that is why the thermostat seems to have gone bad

JACUSTOMER-eehkru4e- : Do you think i need to call an engineer then to replace the thermostat ? Is that what you would suggest. I
KevinWhiteJA :

How good are you DIY skills ? Can you test the thermostat with a multimeter ?

JACUSTOMER-eehkru4e- : No i dont have any diy skill, ill have to call an engineer thanks
KevinWhiteJA :

satisfied....Thanks