Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, We have a Servis M6512 which has recently had a problem

Customer Question

We have a Servis M6512 which has recently had a problem which is now fixed. I know there is a reset required on the programming before re-used. Not sure what the combination is to reset it as Servis is no longer in trading and their helpline no longer exist. Please help?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

What is the appliance doing wrong for you?

Ive not known of a reset reprogramming on these washer before.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Firstly the item was programmed to do a 90 degree wash by mistake, it then started to leak at the bottom of the washer and tripped out our electrical fuse box. So we cancelled the wash to stop and to reinstate to a different wash cycle. However when reprogrammed didn't work and wouldn't restart, all the lights are working but the door has unlocked itself and wouldn't relock when started. We unplugged and replugged and re-started on several occassion but nothing worked.

It also wouldn't drain automatically either. So we took the items out, disconnected the waste pipe from the outlet pipe - the water then drained by itself.

We then referred to the manual, checked for any blockage and emptied/cleaned the filter. The filter can cause temporary breakdown if full. The machine has a trip mechanism such as blockage, having removed all the debris from the pipes and filter, we tried to re-start, nothing.

You can reset the programme as this can be done. It's a selection of the front panel buttons being pressed at the same time for a certain amount of time which resets the computer programme to its default state. However the combination or which buttons to do this we don't know and this is what we are asking you. We cannot ring Servis as they no longer exist to find out.

This washer where bought new about 2/3 years ago and still immaculate as hardly used, we have checked the belt & bearings also.

Hope you can help?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok ive not known of a reset on these so will opt out. As servis actually wen bust in 2008 so the washer is at least 5 years old.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we realised and only known today that they went bust in 2008 that is why we contacted you. Is the no other solutions you can suggest or how to repair if you are not aware of any reset on these before opting out.

If you cannot help and still would like to opt out, then I how do I claim my money back deposited?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok what actually happens now when you start it going on a normal wash cycle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing happens on any programmed cycle as mentioned on my email. What normally happens is when you select on a dial i.e. 40 degree wash, you just press the start button and you will hear the door lock mechanism and the cycle starts.

On this occassion, nothing happens at all and the door is still unlocked. I have already asked for a refund as you said yourself you cannot help with the resetting the programme to default.

Thanks anyway

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok now worries