KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Our samsung washing machine WF8702RSS has something in the

Customer Question

Our samsung washing machine WF8702RSS has something in the tube beyond the filter. It feels like a coin. Is there an easy way to remove this? It is causing leakages every time we do any washing
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Is it the drain pump filter located the bottom of the unit ?

Customer: Yes bottom right
KevinWhiteJA :

OK the easiest way will be with the unit unplugged put your fingers and try to take it out

KevinWhiteJA :

else you will have to pull it out and then take the rear off the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

after this remove the hoses connecting the drain pump assembly and clean the pump to take it out

Customer: We can just touch the coin but not remove it from the filter entrance. Is it easy to take the back of the machine off etc and do we need more tan a screw driver?
KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Video

KevinWhiteJA :

basically this tells you how to replace the pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

however, you can also use this to clean the pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

if you do not want to follow this then you can use needle nose pliers and try to take pull out the coin with that

KevinWhiteJA :

in this one it comes off from the front

Customer: Thanks that looks do able I will give it a go. Thanks for the help
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Thanks

Customer: Hi again. Our machine does not have a whole detachable back, the thee sides including the back are one piece of metal wth an entry for the pipes and another to get to the fan belt. We have tried to rake the front off and did the unscrewing for the fascia, but it does not come off. Any ideas?
KevinWhiteJA :

If it does not have back then it should come off from the front

Customer: Ok , I am doing this with eldest son, so if it does not work, at least it is an education for us both, will go back to it, thanks
KevinWhiteJA :

Sure...please let me know how it goes

Customer: Got the top fascia off, lots of plastic clips were stopping it
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks:)

Thank You :)