Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Blomberg frost free combi fridge freezer KGM 9550

I have a Blomberg frost free combi fridge freezer KGM 9550 purchased December 2010. The fridge part is just getting colder and colder so much so that any contents become quite frozen and the motor does not seem to cut out any more thus allowing the fridge part to do its noral "defrosting" cycle. How can this be fixed?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

This is a very common fault on these appliances. As this machine is actually made by Beko and ive come across this fault a lot on these.

Its usually the small temperature board inside the fridge. If you look at the dial inside the fridge behind there is a small circuit board which regulates the temperature inside the appliance.

This is usually the part that failes in there and causes this fault.

But sometimes it can turn out to be the rear control on the back instead.

Now what I do when I get this fault is replace both parts as to be honest they are not that expensive on these

As the rear board is £21 and the other is about £15 so parts are not that expensive on these.

So if you wanted to just try one then go for the small board inside the fridge and see what happens.

But for this its gong to be either the small board inside or the rear board.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. I would not expect any of the components to fail in 4 years - the life of a fridge freezer must be 5+ years and so I am hoping I can persuade the retailer/manufacturer to put the fault right. I shall mention my statutory consumer rights and hope that they will concur.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would I buy the circuit boards you mention? Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay.

For spares you can try these www.buyspares.co.uk and they should have the parts you need.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bit slow at getting back to you - there doesn't seem to be a circuit board inside the fridge itself - there's the dial control and behind it the sealed unit containing the light - no obvious bits to unscrew - but there is a plastic rectangle on the back of the fridge about 7" x 4" and I am imagining this would contain what you refer to as "the rear control" - could it be that my combi only has the one circuit board? Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

The small circuit inside the fridge is behind that dial.

Look just behind the dial and you will see a small cap.
Prise this off and remove the screw in there and then the plastic frame will drop down from the front and pull out from the back.
Then you can see that small board.

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for all of this. I am hoping I can now persuade my local appliance fixer that this is what the problem is and he will be able to go ahead with the replacement boards. You have been extremely helpful. Very many thanks. SAR

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've already rated you!