Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My indesit washing machine will not start a cycle. all the

Customer Question

My indesit washing machine will not start a cycle. all the green lights come on, but instead of the first light lighting uo, the second one does and thats it. no water no sound nothing. pls help...........regards calum
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

Hi Kevin - pls give me a minute and will model No

KevinWhiteJA :

sure thanks

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

WIXL 143 1400 About 5 years old

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

took this from the front right handside of machine, and is also found on inside door frame

KevinWhiteJA :

yes thank you

KevinWhiteJA :

any flashing lights or the second light will stay lit ?

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

the second light stays lit - green. when its working the first light turns green and the water starts within seconds

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

no flashing lights apart from the red one that lights up when you push the mains button on. push the red light button and it normally starts

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

internet mentions carbon brushes

KevinWhiteJA :

5 years old yes..carbon brushes however, has it ever flashed any error code ?

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

If you mean numbers - no. there is no digital display screen to read any codes

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

unplug the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

and plug it back after 2-3 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

simultaneously press and hold the start/reset button for around 20 seconds

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know which leds flash

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

ok give me a few minutes to do that for you - you say start/reset button. is that the mains button and the other button that flashes red - it has a diamond shape with a vertical line through it

KevinWhiteJA :

Start/reset button located next to on/off (door lock led)

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

confirm i am pushing pressing both buttons

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

just done it - nothing. nothing lights up on any button. pushed the mains button on and usual thing still happens. door led flashes - then stays on, and the green light lights on the second buttonn down - not the top one.

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

dont want to push you Kevin, but will have to go in the next 15 mins. pls help us

KevinWhiteJA :

door led was flashing earlier as well ?

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

it means that the control is not detecting the door is getting locked

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

everything is as normal till use push the led door red light. when you do that, the sequence of lights is out of sink. instread of starting at the top, the second row green light lights up, notbthe top one

KevinWhiteJA :

the door interlock should be replaced

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

the door locks and i can also unlock it

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

the door locks securely

KevinWhiteJA :

basically in the initial information I was not told that the door lock led is flashing...if it is flashing then it means the control is not detecting the door is locked...if the door interlock is fine then it is the control not the brushes that should be replaced

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

you know its easier to talk

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

the red led flashes till yopu press it then it stays on and the cycle starts

KevinWhiteJA :

I understand but I can only help you this way

KevinWhiteJA :

by red led do you mean the on/off button

KevinWhiteJA :

there are 4 leds vertically..out of those 4 can you please tell me which ones are blinking

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

No. you have the mains button button that you push on first. (first button onn right handside of machine ). then to the left of that a red led flashes( this has the symbol of a diamond shape with a vertical line through it ). you then push this button. in normal mode - this stays on and the washing machine starts and the water flows in. to the left of that is a horizontal set of lights with symbols on one side and 2H 4H 6H 9H on the other. When its works normally the green light next to 2H lights up first and everything starts, but now it doesnt and then green light by 4H lights upn and nothing happens. It like its missing the first part of the cycle. I hope this makes sense. - is there anyway i can send you a photo.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, that flashing LED indicate the pressure switch is stuck...basically you will have to unplug the unit and pull the machine out and then take the rear off the unit...clean the drain pump assembly completely...after this is done tilt the washer 45 degrees and make sure it is all empty ...plug it back in and simultaneously press & hold the START/RESET button...after this is done the problem should be solved...

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

kev - out of the four leds that are vetical - none are flashing. when this poxy machine is working the top one lights first- but at the moment the second one down lights up and thats it - nothing else happens

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

did you see my last reply

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

there is NO flashing light in the vertical row of lights

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes but still I believe cleaning the drain pump should solve the issue

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

so is is it the pump or the the brushes

KevinWhiteJA :

well after cleaning and resetting if the problem remains then it is the brushes not the pump...

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

ok thx alot. i wont bother asking you for advice on how to clean the pump- let alone where it is or what it looks like. when my pc shuts down, how do i contact you again

KevinWhiteJA :

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

i am waiting for my answer to last question

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can use the REPLY link to contact me again

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

I took the assembly out and there was no obstruction. confirm its the cylinder you unscrew from the front of the machine, and a small amount of water comes as you do it

JACUSTOMER-30gesgzt- :

I unscrewed a cylinder thing at the front of the machine and a small amount of water came out but there was no obstruction

KevinWhiteJA :

What about the back ? have you pulled it out to clean the pump assembly completely ?