Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a Beko Dvc565S oven (purchsed Aug 05)which has

I have a Beko Dvc565S oven (purchsed Aug 05)which has just deveoped the following faults:- 1. The Main Oven has failed to operate and 2. The timer display is blank and so presumably has failed. My question is:- are the two faults related and if so will a replacement timer solve the problem? Also, is a replacement timer available for purchase? Thank you in anticipation of a resolution. Michael XXXXXXX

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya

How are your diy skills?
Do you have, and can you use, a multimeter?
Would you be able to take the machine apart to repair it (with new parts)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good DIY skills

Yes I have a multimeter

and Yes I would be able to repair the machine and replace with new parts

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Good one.

Yes, if the timer isn't working, the oven can't work.

It might be a faulty timer but it's more likely a broken wire or a failed thermal fuse.

Isolate the power to the appliance.
Take the rear panel off.
Check the wiring (internal)hasn't broken at the connector block.

If ok, locate the thermal fuse or cut out (depending on what's fitted to your machine) and check to see if it's open circuit.

If it's failed, you need to obtain and fit a new one.
The thermal fuse is now replaced by a thermal cut out kit.

The thermal cut out is in a wire that is clamped to the machine, look for that.

Check www.4beko.co.uk
Search your model number and thermal kit
It will find the part for you.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have confirmed all connections to the connector block are ok. At the moment I have only removed the back cover so can you please advise where I can find the thermal fuse/cut out (nothing is visible at this point) and what next I have to dismantle to reach it.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It's on the rear.
Follow the live wire from the rear to the timer.
The thermal fuse is in that wire.
It's also one of the few wires clamped down.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning, I was in the process of replying but when trying to correct a word lost it so not sure if you have received my reply. However, to repeat, the repair took longer than it should because I failed to notice the Thermal Fuse under the sleeving, I thought it was protection against the clamp.Once identified I logged onto www.4beko.co.uk and was diverted to www.4ourhouse.co.uk. With little difficulty I was able to order the part on Monday for next day delivery; it arrived Tuesday at 13:30 and by 17:45 the part had been installed, the oven rebuilt and tested - all ok. Your help has been invaluable, many thanks. Yours truly XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know how it went.
Good luck with the thermal cut out kit.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the answer I provided. It's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.