canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

The door on my Hotpoint Aquarius WML520 P/G/A/K will not open,

Customer Question

The door on my Hotpoint Aquarius WML520 P/G/A/K will not open, pulling down on the tie rod will not release it, can you help?
[email protected]
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Has the oven finished the self cleaning recently?

JACUSTOMER-bh72nbjj- :

I am asking about a Hotpoint washing machine-not an oven!

canuck the pro :

Oh! Sorry I hadn't looked up the model number provided. Give me a minute to look up the specs to see what we are dealing with. Be right back.

canuck the pro :

Does it give a status on why it will not open? The lock is engaged? Is there water still in the machine?

JACUSTOMER-bh72nbjj- :

There is no indication why it will not open - the lock is engaged and there is no water in the machine

canuck the pro :

I see. The latch is likely bent and getting it bent back to the original position can be a task. It also could be related to the control getting wet. Sometimes a little water gets into the control and hopefully once it is open it will dry out and work properly again. Anyway here is a video that will help you get the door open. Leave the door open when not in use and hopefully the door mechanism will dry out and resume normal operation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSF4JS2B_U0

canuck the pro :

I do not understand what has happened here. I would still like to help.