Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my fathers Neff D2615 XOGB/01FD8205 001739 F5750 311-297

Customer Question

my father's Neff D2615 XOGB/01FD8205 001739 F5750 311-297 cooker hood, ie fan and light stopped working after a bang. there is 240v through switches to light bulb centre contact (which blew and has been replaced with a new 60w bulb, )when i earth test probe on a mounting screw, but with probes on centre and earth cotact there is no power suggesting to me a problem with the earthing as both light and fan wires appear to earth on the same terminal of a module to the right of the rocker switch panel . Fan rotates freely by hand, so can there be a problem with the module which earthes both fan and light as new bulb tests okay ?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This could be a switch or even a control board.
How old is the range hood?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2002 hood

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Robert,
This sounds like a ground fault.
It is likely the main control board that needs to be replaced.
I can help you get that. And also assist you with this easy repair.
Please let me know if that's what you would like to do.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, yes thats what i would like to do, hopefully i have rated service excellent, is further testing required ? i do have part diagram emailed from Neff this morning.

thanks Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you able to continue with this fault please ?

Robert.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, yes I am, just we had an internet outage is all sorry for the delay.
As for the board, that is likely the issue. Unfortunately they don't sell parts for that board, so the answer really to buy a new main control board.
Please try this # and let me know if they have the part?
0844 4999111.
Or if you need a different supplier?
Than you Rob;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks , Ransomes spares closed until 9am tomorrow, but just phoned Neff and all they show is the actual rocker switch assembly for £26 which is cheap enough ,but is that what you mean by a main control board ? i could see some sort of small terminal block behind the casing to the right of the switch panel which took a ground wire from the bulb holder and also the fan.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, have you verified power to the switch and also that it does come out from the switch when turned on?
I just wouldn't want you to spend on a part you may not need.
Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

just back from work, yes there was power to the switch and from the switch when turned on, i rang Ransomes today, and the terminal block which I mentioned to the right of the switch panel , they identified as a 3pole terminal clamp , part no. 00030986 which they say is a white block which tallies with what i saw, but this is no longer available !this block which takes a neutral (or ground wire ) onto 1 terminal from both the light and the fan.

not quite sure what could go wrong with this terminal clamp ?but it seems to have broken the circuit to the light and also the fan.

Robert

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert, I agree,
what I would try is to disconnect the wires that run there to the block,
and try to power them if you feel comfortable doing that?
If it isn't that block at fault, and you could test the block with a multimeter, then it is likely the control, (the other wire to the fan and light.
Please let me know if this makes sense to you.
Thank you Robert.
Tech Michel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, thanks for that, by taking power from the switch, and momentarily connecting the neutral wires to a suitable earth on the casing, this would isolate the block and also test the block for continuity, by control you mean the neutral wire to the fan and the light ?

Robert.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert, I would use a meter, if I see power at both ends of the switch, but nothing runs, it would be the relay in most cases on the main control board.
I wish they sold parts for that but they only sell the boards:-(.
I could tell you how to be sure but you would need to do a few tests where you could cause further damage. I would just get a new switc, see if it fixes this, but I really believe this is the control board, as it is all the time with this issue.
Many years of experience lol;-)
Let me know how it all goes and be careful.
thank you
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
f
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, sorted cooker hood at weekend, Neutral wire betweeen isolating switch and control board was broken close to terminal at isolating switch, so in the end nothing to buy just an easy fix, once fault found,

thanks for your help

Robert.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats awesome!! Glad you got it!
if you need me I will be here;-)
Have a great evening!
Tech Michael