KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi re: A Haier Dishwasher DW45Bi The unit is not working

Hi re: A Haier Dishwasher DW45Bi
The unit is not working and the three left hand lights are flashing on the cycle indicator?
There is no water coming in. The feed up to the dishwasher is free and flowing good.

Help please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this unit ?

Customer:

It could be five years old. It is in my holiday cottage. It has probably not been used 20 times in all over that period. It started doing this intermittently. One weekend it would work. The next time we tried it it would.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

how many LEDs this one has 6 or 8 ?

Customer:

Six

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, those flashing LEDs indicate Overfill or flooding error ... you will have to unplug the unit & pull the unit out and then clean the drain pump assembly completely...after this is done tilt it 45 degrees so that it drains out any excess water...make sure there are no leaks...the problem should be solved after this ...

Customer:

Thank You. I will try that. There is no excess water in it currently visible. Still want me to go ahead as you suggest?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is right...usually excess water in the sump will cause this issue...sometimes this will activate the float which will cause these kind of issues..

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks