canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a singer future sewing / embroidery machine ,ce-250/ce-350.

Customer Question

I have a singer future sewing / embroidery machine ,ce-250/ce-350. It is failing to pick bobbin thread up, ant tips ?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. UNPLUG MACHINE

Remove the needle plate and bobbin case then slowly wind the hand wheel while watching the hook race (Where the bobbin case sits) then move as the needle moves.

The tip of the hook must pass behind and above the eye of the needle in order to catch the thread and form the stitch.
If the Hook tip is not around 2mm above the needle eye, the Timing is out and will need to be restored. I would really not recommend this as a home fix for anyone not familiar with the theory and practice, you will easily get into a pickle and risk damage.