Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko freezer about 8 years old and it starts to beep

I have a Beko freezer about 8 years old and it starts to 'beep' intermittently form time to time. I open the door and it stops but then starts to 'Beep' again. The temperature remains constant and an electrician has checked the plug and the socket which are o.k. Any idea what is the cause? Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TZDA627 Freezer N.F.

273

174

43

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

If you look on the back at the bottom you will see the compressor at the bottom.

Is this hot to touch?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's warm but not hot.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok warm is normal so that sounds ok.

When it starts to beep its because the temperature in there is dropping below -13degs.

What you can try if you haven already is empty the freezer and give it a full defrost. As I know its frost free but what can happen on these is the evaporator at the to blocks up with to much ice and this stops the air flow and then the temperature starts to drop.

So with a full defrost this will clear the evaporator and then retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this may cure it.

But if its still doing the same then its possibly the control board at the back at fault. As these do fail quite often on these Bekos so its not uncommon.

If this is the case then the control board will need to be replaced and that should cure it.

But well worth trying the defrost first as you never know it may cure it as I have seen this before as well quite a lot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Daniel thanks for this advice. I will start the defrost tomorrow.

If it is the control board is it difficult to replace and could somebody with moderate practical skills do this?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The control board is very easy to replace.

Just pull the freezer out and look on the back towards the top and you will see a plastic cover held on by a single screw.

Remove this and the control board is just in there.

Pull out and remove the 2 wiring blocks and swap over to new board.

Its quite an easy repair this is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Finally Ian. Where is the best place to buy a control board for my Beko freezer if I need to and what can I expect to pay for one [Approx].

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.