KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi I have a lg HT953TV Tallboy 5.1home theatre system that

Customer Question

Hi I have a lg HT953TV Tallboy 5.1home theatre system that won't play a dvd. It seems like it's trying to read the disc,but after about20-30 seconds it ejects the disc.plz can you help?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Good Morning

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this unit ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and when you try to play DVD do you hear any kind of noise from the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-eqk48vuc- :

Morning. The unit is about 3-4years old with very little use. I hardly watch TV or films etc. The dvd player model no:HT953TV-Dp. It makes no unusual noises.it states on the dvd unit "reading" with the TV screen showing a disc rotating,but after 45seconds the disc ejects with the unit stating "eject"

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems the lens itself has gone bad

KevinWhiteJA :

as you have already tried lens cleaner...you can open the unit and clean the lens with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. This is only recommended when the unit is not under warranty and you have some expertise in the field.

KevinWhiteJA :

after all this if the problem still remains then unfortunately the lens will have to be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry about the bad news

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks