Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do I fit new door seals to a Zanussi ZDQ 695

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning,

Open the door and pull it right down.
Then look at the hinges there. On it you will see a clip.
Lift this clip right up on both of them.
Then go to close the door and it will then lift right off into your hands.

Then look at the opening of the oven and you will see some screws round it. Take these out and you can then pull the frame forward and fit the seal in to it from there.

Then to refit the door is just the reverse fit the hinges into the frame and pull it down and then push the clips back down again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Also if this oven is built in,Ok were the oven pushes into the unit on the sides there are usually a few screws either sides which hold the oven into the unit. Take these out then the oven will pull out of the unit.

Then looking at the oven seal on the frame there will be a screw just above the top of the seal in the middle and 1 at the bottom. There is usually a silver sticker over this screw.

Then on the left of the seal is another screw in the middle and the same on the other side.

Only do this on the bottom seal. Don't do this to the top. If replacing both seals just do 1 at a time.

But to get the top hinge keeper back in you will need to take the oven fully out and take off the side panels 1 side at a time to fit the hinge keeps back into place.
I will stick with you until this is done But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have removed top, bottom and side screws on lower seal but the seal plate is in one piece from top to bottom and will not move should i remove the screws around the top oven seal ?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I believe yes you need to do that as well.
I will be here if you need me;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed side screws and top centre and bottom screws plate is loose in bottom and centre but still solid at sides the only screws I have not removed are the ones holding the hinge plates

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Is this a built in oven?
There are usually screws on the sides that need to come out on this one;-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is a built in, have slid oven forward the only screws at the side simply hold on the trim cannot find any screws that loosen the seal plate

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi ,
please also check the back and try to tell by feeling, where it seems to be fastened.
Usually you will need to slide the top a bit to get it to free up.
Especially if its dirty or older.
Also open the door and look for screws as well.
They made changes to this model mid year so its hard to be sure how many screws are on there. You should use a good light and really look for hidden screw.Please let me know what you find. I will stick with you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have looked all round with a torch, no other screws in sight plate is much too rigid to be stuck. Model no, ZDQ695X Serial no. 44600024. Have to go out now will be back in about an hour.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will be here when you return;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, here is a site than can help you with diagrams on this also you can call them;-)

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/zanussi/cookers-hobs/zdq695w%20(94417119700)/
Also you can call: 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNNkip Navigation LinksHome > Parts > Kitchen Spares > Cookers & Hobs > Zanussi > ZDQ695W (94417119700)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have at last finished. I had to take rhe oven out and remove the sides, your web address lead me to a parts list and I was able to see where the screwholes were

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Awesome!!
Glad you got it!
please have a great day!
Tech Michael