Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I need to repair a Creda Solarplus Aspire cooker model 48905.

Customer Question

I need to repair a Creda Solarplus Aspire cooker model 48905. Each of the the top heating rings will only operate at full power regardless of the position of the control knob at the front of the cooker for each ring. There is therefore no control for the heating range for any of the rings. It makes no difference whether one or more rings are switched on. Can you please advise what parts need replacing to correct the problem. Thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning,
This is the main control that has failed.
Its easy to replace and I will help you with this until it is fixed.
Below is the best place to get that part I will stick with you. But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael

Please call:
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi michael

i have ordered the control circuit board from espares. Would you please advise where the board is situated in the oven. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Michael gave me an answer, but I need more information. Please advise where the Main Control Board is on a Creda Solarplus Aspire Cooker model 48905
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, there is no main board controlling the elements on this machine.
The only board in the machine is a trigger board that controls the fans and grill.

Did all rings fail at the same time or individually over time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again

All top heating rings are working, but will only operate on full power regardless of the setting of the control knob for each ring on the front of the cooker. Michael advised that the main control has failed. When I spoke to espares they advised that the main control was the trigger board which I have ordered. If you say the trigger board controls the fans and grill then this is not the main control that Michael says has failed. Do you have any other details that would help me order the right item from espares. Please advise where the main control is situated on the cooker. Thanks.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

The trigger board is for the cooling fan primarly and is linked to the grill.

I asked if the rings all failed (developed this fault) at the same time or at different times.

Can you advise please?

The reasons for the fault would be different depending on the failure.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All the rings have failed to operate correctly at the same time.

Espares have advised that the only Main Control that is listed is called a Trigger Board.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I know there's only the 1 board on the machine.
It's the trigger board as I've already explained.

Very unusual for this fault to develop on all rings at the same time.

The rings are controlled by regulators and I would have expected 1 or 2 to fail, then the others over time.

As they all failed at the same time it would suggest a short in the wiring rather than faulty regulators

How are your diy skills?
Do you have, and can you use, a multimeter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya

I am an electrician and have a multimeter. In the first instance I did consider the regulators for each ring had failed since there was no longer any control of the current to heat the rings, i.e. full heat or nothing. It was Michael who said the main control was the problem.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I only saw the question when you relisted it.

I would suggest replacing 1 regulator to see if it cures the problem on 1 ring.
If it does, you need another 3.
If it's still the same, you need to start using the multimeter to detect where the elements are getting their feed from.

When an element comes on full it does suggest the regulator has failed and is no longer regulating.

Looking at the wiring diagram, I can't see how a wiring fault would cause this but, you'd have to check the wiring to see what you find.

3 of the regulators are single regulators and the remaining one is a dual regulator.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please advise why, in the first instance, Michael suggested replacing the main control. I still it think it is very strange that all 4 rings should power up to full heat regardless of the setting of the control knob.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I can't speak for another engineer.

As you seem to want answers from Michael, I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again.

Perhaps he will explain why he recommended you change the trigger board.

I've already explained why I think it's the regulators and explained why it can't be the trigger board.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, sorry about that confusion;-)
I'm here if you need me further, You really need the control for the stove top not the main oven control if that makes sense and I will help you in anyway I can.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael