KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

DeLonghi microwave combi. modelDMX65 machine used only on

DeLonghi microwave combi. modelDMX65

machine used only on microwave. never had any problems. 5 years

everything working except heating / defrost

I would appreciate ant help you can give

thank you Mrs Mary Macwhinnie
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Mrs Macwhinnie

KevinWhiteJA :

welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

does it also make any different noise as well ?

Customer:

no it just as everyday except not heating or defrost

KevinWhiteJA :

and everything else is fine, the lights etc ...is that right ?

Customer:

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

Ok

KevinWhiteJA :

what about the door ?

KevinWhiteJA :

will that close fine ?

Customer:

opening and closing as usual

Customer:

would it have anything to do with the panel inside oven on right hand side it has 2 phillips screws

KevinWhiteJA :

what all does that panel have

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean why did you point out that panel

Customer:

just the screws it appears to flip open

Customer:

i could;nt think of anything else i am on the old side to understand new fangled items

KevinWhiteJA :

I understand

KevinWhiteJA :

there are many things...if any one of them goes bad it won't heat...door switch, High voltage capacitor, magnetron, high voltage transformer

KevinWhiteJA :

however, if it was the magnetron or the transformer then the microwave makes unusual noises

KevinWhiteJA :

the fuse can also cause this issue but you have already replaced that

KevinWhiteJA :

If the door switch is bad, it wont heat at all ... If you want you can check the switches for continuity with an Ohm meter.

Customer:

i have just tried again no unusual noise. put water in a dish still no heat.

Customer:

sorry Kevin have;;nt a clue what that is

Customer:

door is solid

KevinWhiteJA :

ok no problem

KevinWhiteJA :

the fuse that has been replaced...was it a glass fuse ? and did you replace the whole fuse assembly ?

Customer:

i took the old one from the housing and replaced new one . machine was still going before i changed fuse that was when i found my dinner still frozen

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer:

sorry to be taking up so much of your time

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem...you are paying for my time :)

KevinWhiteJA :

as everything else works fine I believe the problem is with either the door switch or the HV capacitor itself that is bad and needs replacement...as these units have very high voltage inside so we do not recommend to replace the HV capacitor yourself...the first thing that should be checked is the door switch, if it tests fine then either the HV capacitor or the electronic control itself is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

replacing the HV capacitor will cost you around £150 including parts

Customer:

it sounds like it needs to be a new microwave

KevinWhiteJA :

well yes...why to spend £150 on a 5 year old unit...just my thoughts

Customer:

pressed the button before i had finished typing thank you so much for your time and patience it is appreciated regards May

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry for the bad news....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

no thanks not understanding all the big words. make me feel inadequate entering second childhood maybe next turn around i could learn haha , if i find anything else i will call you..

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome Mrs Macwhinnie....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day :)

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years