Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a samsung model rs21fcns side by side refrigerator,

Customer Question

I have a samsung model rs21fcns side by side refrigerator, i first noticed that i had a noise coming from the fridge, so i turned the fridge portion off & opened the door for 2 days & it defrosted i then noticed a leak from the water tank, so i turned it all off defrosting it all & replaced it, managed to thread the rear tube in but the front tube going to the door i will use a pushfit 8mm, i turned off the water some time before by the service value, & switched it all on, all working fine just didnt use the water & kept it switch off, leaking a little from the one tube, just waiting on pushfit went to work & it had tripped out,tried to switch back on control panel would flash for a second then trip out
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Can you explain the difference in the sound it was making?
Also do you have a multimeter?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as if the motor was stuck & after defrosting this went & yes i have multimeter

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
because he is off line
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
When you switch it on and it then goes blank, look closely at the display.
Is there a single segment lit?

Or, is it tripping the mains?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI when switched on all the display flash for a second then trips the mains

ps got auto ranging multimeter

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, inside the fridge, take the panel behind the drawers off.
You'll find an element (or 2) in there and they are plugged into the rear wall inside.
Unplug the elements, plug the machine in and see if it starts up.

You can test the elements with the multimeter but if it's earth leakage, you may not detect it.

If it now runs, you'll need to replace the affected elements.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there were 3 plugs together took all 3 out switched on ok except display not working could one of these been for the display

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No, they are all for inside the machine.
Is there a single segment on the display lit?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes one single speck lit on the fridge temp number just see it flashing on & off very small portion of the number 8

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
Press and hold the top buttons either side of the display together.
The control should reset and the machine start up.

However, with the elements and sensor disconnected, the problem will come back.

You need to determine which element is causing the problem and then replace it to sort the current fault out.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi display back on, ref fault would that be on the panel i took off & would replacing the panel correct the fault ??

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Trace the wires you unplugged.
The elements are around the coils of tubing.
Once you find the faulty one and replace it, you'll be working again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI traced it looks like faulty element omh reads OL hopefully you may no where to get one

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Try www.espares.co.uk or www.4ourhouse.co.uk