Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi oven and the top cooling fan is running all

Customer Question

I have a zanussi oven and the top cooling fan is running all the time .any suggestions please
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

product no XXXXXXXXX 05. model no ZOB551x

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

If the cooling fan is running all the time then the thermostat for the cooling fan is faulty.

Remove the back panel and there look at the wires to the grill element at the top.

To the right of the grill element you will see a small square thermostat with 2 wires on it.

This is the cooling fan thermostat and you will need to replace this and that will cure the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

new thrmo fitted but stillrunning

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so you have replaced the thermostat that's right next to the grill wires have you?

If so has anyone messed with the wiring on the oven?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the replacment and as far as i know replaced wiring as removed.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok very strange as looking at the wiring diagram and from what I remember on this model the cooling fan has a direct neutral from the mains connection.

And the live run through that thermostat at the back. So when it gets hot the thermostat cuts in and give the cooling a live for it to run and when the thermostat cools down it cuts out so stops the live and the fan running.

Test that thermostat with a multimeter. As its a cut in thermostat it should give a open circuit reading. If its giving a closed circuit reading then its either the wrong thermostat or its faulty.

Let me know what reading you get from it.