Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My De Dietrich Extractor Hood model No. DHD 120XE1 Suddenly

Customer Question

My De Dietrich Extractor Hood model No. DHD 120XE1
Suddenly stop working, have checked the mains fuse and it is ok.
The troubleshooting suggests that due to the single-pole cut-off device was not activated.
Please tell me how to find and re-activate it or require to replace the whole circuit board ?
Simon
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

When you say you replaced the fuse was it the one in the plug top or a fuse on a wall switch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked the fuse on the wall switch and it is ok
I don't see or locate any other fuse apart from the wall switch fuse.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Usually on chimney hoods the plug is in the chimney section at the top.

Remove the chimney section at the top and hopefully you will see look the mains lead in there with the plug top on it. Check the fuse in there and see what you find.

To remove the chimney you normally look at the very top in the back corner to the wall and theres a screw either side.

Remove these and this will allow you to take the chimney section down and fingers crossed reveal the plug top.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already removed the chimney top and open the cover of the wire circuit board. There are no fuse there.
When I turn on the wall switch, there is power supply into the circuit board but it goes no further. Both lights and motor not working.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if theres power to the circuit board but not going out to the motor or lights then its going to be a faulty board.

I don't have any service info on this so I will opt out and if another expert can help they will jump in.

Good luck with it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Daniel for your tryCan you contact another expert to help me ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
In this case you need to replace the main circuit board.
Do you need a source for that board?
I can help there as well as the removal and installation of the new board;-)
I will be here for you but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael

I am live in UK. Please tell me where to order the main circuit board online or by phone.

For replacing the board , apart from just insert the corresponding wires to the new board or any other steps I need to do before make the hood working again?

It may take a few days before I can come back to you for further help

Simon
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Simon, your very welcome,
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
Tech Michael
please call:
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael
I'm sorry for the delay in provide you with your service rating as I have so far no information to allocate that.
My main question to you was that how to locate and then activate the single pole cut off device, as the troubleshooting guide suggested to do so,you skip this question and just suggested me to replace the power circuit board. Which is the next obvious step to take if the first one fail.
I am now in the process to obtain a new PCB but may take time to get hold it. The next step of installing the board and would it work is the important part of this excise. Please be patient I will definitely provide your service a rating till then.
Simon
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Simon, the reason I suggested to replace that board is because of what you told me while troubleshooting.
DO you have a multimeter?
Tech Michael