KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a siemens iq300 washing machine just 4 months old. Today

I have a siemens iq300 washing machine just 4 months old. Today trying to start as normal, but when I press the start button I get 2 short beeps and the light goes out. Everything looks normal. How do I troubleshoot? Thanks, Dev
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Dev

KevinWhiteJA :

Welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to clean the drain pump filter located inside the front bottom of the unit ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If not then please unplug the unit and clean the drain pump filter assembly completely

Customer: Ok will try. How do I get to it?
KevinWhiteJA :

usually on the right side

KevinWhiteJA :

at the bottom

KevinWhiteJA :

if you can tell me its complete model number (E-nr) then I can tell you how to proceed

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: Drained some water from the hose and opened the cap. The impeller seems to turn without problems. Still does not start?
KevinWhiteJA :

Please unplug the unit and plug it back after 2-3 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

if the problem is still there then please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Bad Service ?

Customer: Problem not yet resolved. Any suggestions?
KevinWhiteJA :

I am still here and willing to help you

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer: Just looking for it......
KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied as this will effect me Badly

Customer: E-Nr. WM14Q390GB/13 FD 9310 00548
KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

and have you already tried to clean the drain pump filter assembly located inside the front bottom right of the unit ?

Customer: i pulled off the cap and it was clear behind. I could see the impeller and it seemed to turn freely.
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, any blinking lights on the front ?

Customer: Its set on a 39 degree delicates wash at 800rpm. When the start button is pressed, there are 2 short beeps and the light goes out.
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, does it flash any error code as well ?

Customer: Sorry no error code. That's what's baffling.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, lets try to retrieve the error code....Turn the Program selector switch to OFF position

Set program selector switch to "6-o'clock position".. While pressing the LOW HEAT button, set the program selector switch (clockwise) to the next position and then Turn the selector back to the 1st position (off is position 0)....after this is done Press START button...

KevinWhiteJA :

lets see if any error code is flashed

Customer: I don't see a "low heat"button?
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

then you will have to pull the unit out and clean the drain pump assembly completely

KevinWhiteJA :

after this is done then lay the washer on its side so that if there is any water inside it comes off

KevinWhiteJA :

just make sure the drain hose is not blocked

Customer: oh. Too big a job for now. Will have to try tomorrow. Thanks for trying.
KevinWhiteJA :

if the problem returns then you will have to get the pump replaced...as it is still under warranty doing it yourself will void off the warranty

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: No not right now. Thanks.
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening Dev