Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a whirlpool ace 100 coffee machine. I am unable to

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool ace 100 coffee machine. I am unable to make it produce hot water or steam. When I follow the instructions for producing hot water or steam I hear the machine make a noise as if steam is being ejected briefly then I get the message on the display to adjust the mill.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The coffee machine is indicating that there is a blockage or coffee residue inside the machine. It will need to be cleaned. Do you have the manual with the required cleaning directions in it?

JACUSTOMER-8i1dpzvi- :

I have the manual but without the drawings e.g (fig.23) I have cleaned all the inside of the machine and washed the infuser.

canuck the pro :

That is strange. None of the diagrams seem to be labeled, do they? Allow me a couple minutes to review further?

JACUSTOMER-8i1dpzvi- :

if it helps the machine performs a rinse function ok. With water coming out the coffee spouts. Its just that I cannot get any steam or water out of the cappuccino spout.

canuck the pro :

Full Size Image
I have this manual. It has some diagrams and illustrates where to clear with the needle. Let me know if this helps.

JACUSTOMER-8i1dpzvi- :

I already have that manual, but when I download it, it starts at page 23 and does not show the diagrams, where to clean with a needle

JACUSTOMER-8i1dpzvi- :

Due to the time difference I will contact you again in the morning to see if you have the answer to my problem

canuck the pro :

I am going to opt out and open to other experts.

JACUSTOMER-8i1dpzvi- :

I am now awaiting a reply from another expert

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. I have found a web site that can help you out. This site has the complete breakdown of your maching pluse manual.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/421246/Whirlpool-Ace-102-Ix.html?page=6#manual

I hope this helps. Please let me know,

Thanks Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your info but unfortunately this does not resolve the situation. As I mentioned to your other expert I have already downloaded the manuals you refer to but they do not contain the diagrams (figs) referred to in the text of the manual. So for example I still am unaware of where the two holes are that I can clean with a needle. I am in Barbados with this problem and there does not appear to be any engineer here who can help, hence I have resorted to going online. Why Whirlpool themselves cannot provide a full on line manual I fail to understand. I shall just have to put up with cold cappacino I suppose.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry for your frustration you are going through. The web link I provided above is the diagram breakdown of your unit. I know about the manual you are refering to and yes I agree they are for crap. As for Whirlpool, they like many companies have their own way of doing things. Problem is they don't have a clue on how much frustration they create on people like you and take into consideration when it comes to repairs. This said, these companies wonder why customers such as ourselves are no longer buying their product.

What I gave you above is about the best that is out there. I know some companies will want you to contact them and they inturn will charge you service fees to talk to one of their technicians, and/or sell you a downloadable manual. Normally these manuals are no better than what you already have. If Whirlpool is one of these companies I couldn't tell you. However I'll keep looking for you and if I come accross anything I will get back in touch. Until then just like the other person and myself there is only so much we can do. I do have another idea, if you can send me a picture of this part I will try and see if I can work this problem out with you. This is just a suggestion. Gary