KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi I have a indesit Iwme126 and the machine works fine until

Customer Question

Hi I have a indesit Iwme126 and the machine works fine until it gets to the spin,it doesn't get rid of the water,I have checked the filter at the front and the pipe at the rear and they are clear,the water stays in the drum but if I put it on spin mode only it will spin ok and the water removes from the drum....Can you advise
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you cleaned the drain pump assembly completely ?

Customer: 3 years old,Is that the one at the bottom where you unscrew the cap
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is the drain pump filter...however, you can check the pump after you take off the rear of the unit

Customer: I have checked that and all water is clear now after the spin program
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, pull the unit out and turn it 45 degrees on its side so that if there is any water at the bottom it comes out

Customer: A little bit came out approx 1/2 litre
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...try to run a short spin cycle and let me know if it works

Customer: Yes it is working
KevinWhiteJA :

Great, You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: It does work on spin it seems to be it stops before it gets to the spin mode on a wash program
KevinWhiteJA :

Before it starts the spin cycle...it drains the water out after the wash cycle is complete...if it wont work then it means the water is still in there or there is something blocking the drain pump assembly...the water that you have just drained out of the unit clearly indicates this as well...so you will have to remove the drain pump assembly to clean it completely

Customer: How does the drain pump says come out,the one at the front you mean
KevinWhiteJA :

You will have to remove the back panel of the unit to gain excess of the drain pump assembly...then tilt it on its side to remove the hoses connecting the pump...after this, if you want to clean it completely you can remove the pump as well

Customer: Ok thanks will do and will speak later many thanks
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

PROBLEM SOLVED REMOVED THE PUMP HOSE AND A SOCK CAME OUT WITH IT

MANY THANKS

Pleasure :) Thank You