Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I need to reconnect the internal wires on a zanussi tc484w

I need to reconnect the internal wires on a zanussi tc484w tumble dryer to the input terminals on the back panel as I removed the panel and they came disconnected before I could note their. Positions. I wonder if you could help please?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the product number (PNC) from the label on the machine please?
It begins with 9 so you need to prefix it with A to prevent it being crossed out.

eg. A914419941 00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A916720045/02
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

I've got the diagram now.
Can you tell me which wires are disconnected?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The earth cable and then 2 blacks and a translucent coloured from what looks like a capacitor(?) or something which is cabled tied alongside.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, there aren't 2 blacks shown on the wiring diagram.

Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow

Where are the other end of the black wires connected?

There should be 3 wires from the capacitor.
1 to the live, 1 to the neutral and the last to the earth.
If only 1 is disconnected you should be able to work it's position out easily.

The earth wires all connect to the casing tags.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The capacitor has 3 wires from it - 1 translucent and the others both being black. Between where the live and neutral cogent to the external supply terminals there are 2 other blades but I don't know whether any of the wires from the capacitor were connected there. I have connected the earth cable to what must be a chassis tag ( there are 3 of those just above a silmilarly coloured fixing screws so they all look to be from the same metal). That leaves the 2 connectors between the brown and blue and I suppose another earth connection to one of the tags?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, the translucent wire goes to the earth tab.
The black wires, one goes to the live and the other to the neutral.
They go on the tabs alongside the mains cable coming in.

There are only 2 live connections and 2 neutrals shown in the diagram

From what you've posted it would appear it's only the capacitor (mains suppressor) that has been disconnected.
The wires from the capacitor attach to the terminals adjacent to the live and neutral coming in.

Hope you follow that.
Hope it helps
Let me know how it goes.
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent - all now working, thanks very much. The reason I took the dryer apart was that it wasn't tumbling and so I expected to see the belt broken or the jockey pulley seizing but neither of those were the case - both were ok so I just hoovered everything clean. The cables to the terminals at the rear are very short/ tight and so became disconnected when I removed the back panel ( before I had worked out how to remove the lid!) strangely, the thing is now tumbling so I wonder whether the general clean has helped? Either way, the disconnection problem occurred hence my call for help. Thanks very much for your help - it has saved me buying a new one so is much appreciated!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Normally it's the capacitor for the motor.
However, if there's a build up of fluff around the front seal, this can jam the drum.

Glad you got it working again.

Good luck with the appliance.