Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit IDL 530 dishwasher. The on/off light illuminates

I have an Indesit IDL 530 dishwasher. The on/off light illuminates with a short bleep and a bleep is heard when start switch is pressed but won't progress to any cycle. No error codes are displayed.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you set it going do you hear any noises at all from it?

Listen very carefully at the bottom and do you hear a humming noise?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, no humming -would expect to hear pump after a few seconds but nothing

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok yes usually when you start it the first thing it does is brings the pump so if its a blocked pump you can sometimes get a humming noise from it.

As there no noise then its possibley the door latch as if this is faulty then it thinks the doors open so doesn't start the cycle.

What you need to do is remove the front plastic control panel.

From there you will see the door lock.

Check the wiring on there. If the wires are fine then close the door and make sure the latch switches over. If you have a multimeter you can test this for continuity on the wires as when the door is closed you should have continuity. If there isn't then the door latch is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Check that first and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Daniel

OK I've released the 4 screws behind the control panel which are inside the door but the panel is not coming free, any other fixings/fasteners that need releasing? Yes I do have a meter when I get that far.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The panel is only held on by the screws on the inside.

Sometimes you need to remove the outer door to get better access to it.

So remove the screws on the inside of the door to remove the outer door and then you can get at it from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Well that was fun - however checked the door latch microswitch and it does operate correctly - apparently.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok when you reset it and try another cycle does it do the same on all of them?

Also is there any water inside the dishwasher at the moment?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reset and tried on all cycles - still the same result.

Small amount of water in the well of the washing filter - nothing else.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the door latch is fine and its still not starting then check the wiring in the door loom.

With the outer door off you will see the wiring in the loom going down the door.

Check the wires in there and give them a tug as they can break in the loom were it goes down to the underneath.

But if the wires are all ok and the pump isn't trying to run and the door lock is fine then im afraid this is looking like a faulty control board here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hmm.. slight progress but I'm beginning to think the same.

Pulled on the wires, all seem intact, switched mains back on and set up cycle again whilst again trying wires to see if there was any reaction. Nothing apparent then after about 30 secs burst into life with a bit of pump activity then only showing the drying light. Reset and tried again but showed light 4 after about 10 secs - no pump activity.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the wires are fine then from what you have just said this looks like a control board fault here if its doing that with the lights and the pump.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

7 years old - worth getting a replacement control board or sending it to dishwasher heaven?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Personally if it was me at that age I would just replace it rather then spending £80 on the board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help Daniel unfortunately not a result this time.