Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

riello 40 1992 vintage lots of soot what is the

Customer Question

riello 40 1992 vintage lots of soot what is the problem please
john
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi John, and thank you for using Just Answer. Per your question about the build up of soot, tells me your burner is burning dirty. This could be a couple of things. 1) Too much fuel is being allowed in, and the "fire" cannot burn it all thus leaving a high amount of residue. 2) the fuel you are burning is dirty. This can come from the holding tank that your fuel is poured into. Each time fuel is added, it stirs up the sediments inside the tank caused by dirt getting into the tank each time the cap is removed, also it could be that your holding tank (if metal) is also showing signs of breakdown as well. This is caused by water. The difference in fuel temperature between the tank and fuel can create condensation. If you don't have a filter installed between your oil burner and holding tank I would try this first. Having a filter will eliminate the dirt and also allow the water to settle on the bottom of the filter saving you from having more headaches down the road. I would look at both of these first. As for the "over fueling" it could be the regulator. If you have any other question please let me know. Gary

Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find the accept button anywhere on this page
where is it ?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Per your question above, there are two buttons on the upper right hand corner of my answer that I give you. There is a green accept button and a grey one saying need info or something like that. If you would just click on the "accept" button it will ask you to confirm. Click on that and just follow the steps it leads you in. It may also send you to a "rating" page so you can rate my service I have given you. I wish you the best

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the only buttons on the answer screen is one named Add Bonus and another Reply to Expert. this is what I get when I open your reply of Tuesday last. if you send me your email address I will send you a screenshot

john
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

At this point you have already started to close out your conversation with me. The two buttons you now have before is your option to provide me with a bonus or if you have any last minute questions for me before ending our conversation. If you click on the bonus, it will give you an option on the amount. Now it does not mean you have to give me one for there is a zero amount there also. Just click on the amount (zero) if you like and it will finish your process. As for providing our email address, Just Answer does not allow us to do so. Each time you return, you will have the option to request me back if you like. I wish you the best. Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you still haven't told me where I can find the accept button. I tried the bonus button the minimum bonus is £2.17
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hey,

I'm really sorry that you are having problems with this. I have told you what I know, and in the computer world it isn't to much I'm affraid. When it comes to homes and everything that's it took to build it and furnish it to include appliances I'm you man ... computers however ... well what can I say ... Anyways I have passed on a message to the powers at be pertaining to this site to step in and help you out. I hope you don't mind, but since this computer world is above me I need to go to the right people who has the answers. You should hear from them here real soon. Thanks again for using Just Answer, please don't let this discourage you. Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I got in touch with the powers at be on this site and this is what they told me.

If a customer needs assistance with their account or payment or they're having trouble using the site, please have them click the Help link at the bottom of their question page or have them email [email protected] and the Customer Support department will correspond with them directly and assist them.

That being said, I also learned something new as well. I guess we moved to a "rating system" and away from the "accept" so what you read on my siginture was misleading. I changed it as directed so not to confused our clients. I am really sorry about that. I see you already gave me a rating so I believe we are done. If I'm missing something here, please refer to customer support. They are quick in giving you answers. You take care and I wish you the best. Gary