Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch dryer but cant find a name or model no I have

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dryer but can't find a name or model no I have had it about 4 or 5 years it has a light in the (extra large?)drum and was near the top of the range. It is black and has an off set door handle - I won't get one of those again. Recently it started buzzing and stopping to indicate the drainage reservoir was full - but it wasn't. It would restart if I pressed the 'start' button regardless of whether the reservoir was emptied. Yesterday it stopped working. The panel lights up but has a key symbol which I assume means the appliance thinks the door isn't shut?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, please open the dryer door, and look all around the door and the wall where the door shuts, please let me know if you find the model# XXXXX and what it is.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E Nr WTS8650BGB/17 FD 8908 200129

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Great!
try this, press and hold the start button for 5 seconds, the symbol should go out.
Please let me know if this works?
Please if it does, rate kindly and I will schedule free follow ups for you in case you need my further no additional cost;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Key is steady when panel is illuminated but flashes on and off while start button is depressed. On releasing the button the key reverts to 'steady' again. Also whichever programme is selected the panel has the same details.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Please unplug the dryer for 30 minutes then back in, try this again, let me know the results please.
Thank you for your patience as this is a technical issue, but we will fix it one way or another;-)
Thank You.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX unplugged but not for 30 mins; will try that and see if it helps...

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good I will be here;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience but no change. Key steady except when start pressed

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for trying that,
When it starts buzzing, can you tell me if that sound is up top near the controls?
Or is it near the door lock?
Tech Mike..we are getting close to a solution;-)
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot hear any buzzing at either site only the usual double 'beep' when the start button is pressed. The key symbol is now flashing continuously whether button is being pressed or not.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
There are two possible problems, one is just the door lock mechanism.
The other is it could be the main control board. I would try replacing the door lock first as its cheap and easy enough to do with just a few basic hand tools.
It is an electrical part and simply plugs into the wire harness.
The best place to get the door lock is PartMaster.
0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday9am - 6pm
Saturday9am - 4pm
SundayClosed
I will help you with this repair But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the spare part but it is looks too big to go through the small plate covering the door latch aperture. There are 2 screws on the front of the machine below the door opening. Does the whole front have to come off?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi That part needs to go in from behind the front plate. You can do this by removing the top, and also the front door panel.
I will be here later today to try and help you with this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have to leave it until Monday as we are expecting an electrician about another matter and he is bound to arrive just as we have the machine in bits!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOL!
I will be here then, when you are ready, please keep me posted, I will help if you need me;-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Changed the door latch but no change to situation. Key still evident on panel and machine won't start. Presume this together with 'reservoir full' indication means that there is something major with the controls? How much (approx.) should that cost? Machine is only 4 years old and I think it cost about £500 so should be worth repairing?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi this problem could either be the door lock or the main control board. Now its time to replace main control if you want to go that far so yes you are correct with that. Its easy enough to replace as all cables only plug into their respective places.
I will be here if you need me further;-)
Tech Mike