KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Maytag MAF 8705AES washing machine F2 appears , I have checked

Maytag MAF 8705AES washing machine
F2 appears , I have checked all hoses and the pump seems to be operating ok
On a spin only cycle it goes through it and drains any water away but at end of cycle F2 appears .
On a normal wash cycle, any temp, the machine starts ok but after 5 mins goes to F2
If I switch the machine off and put to spin only cycle, as above, the water clears but at the end the machine reverts to F2
Can you help ....
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

appx 5-6years when I bought it , I did get it as a discontinued model so how long before I bought it I am not sure

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

have you disconnected the pump and the hoses to the pump completely to make sure everything is clean ?

Customer:

yes , I virtually stripped out all the hoses took the pump completely out , cleaned them all and replaced them

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, there is a small impeller inside the pump...can you please check if it works freely as well ?

KevinWhiteJA :

as you know this is a no drain error, the control detects that the water is unable to drain completely so the drain pump is usually causing this problem..let me know after you have checked the impeller

Customer:

Yes this appears to turning freely

KevinWhiteJA :

what about the pressure switch/hose ?

KevinWhiteJA :

have you checked them as well ?

Customer:

The Impeller seems to be moving freely , there is a small rubber "drain"hose attatched to the filter door and when I disconnected this a small amount of water , appx half a cup, came out.

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems you are talking about the black hose

KevinWhiteJA :

also please tilt the washer to around 45 degrees so that if still there is any water anywhere...it drains out completely

KevinWhiteJA :

after this check and let me know how it goes

Customer:

Customer:

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, I am still here

Customer:

I have tilted the wm 45 degrees a few times and there was some water, not a lot came out

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer:

hi I have tilted the machinre a few times and each time a small amount of water comes out

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

have you tried it again after this ?

Customer:

I have also removed the pump and it turns 45 degress appx then reverts to a type of spring stop

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if everything is clean and the problem returns then it is the pump that will need replacement

Customer:

Ok Its an ASKO PUMP , CAN YOU SUPPLY AND AT WHAT COST

KevinWhiteJA :

unfortunately we do not supply parts

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to check at a local parts store

Customer:

no probs , I think they are readily available , Ill order one up.

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Do you mind if I update you on this as and when I fit the new pump

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure no problem...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help you

Customer:

Nothing else today thanks

Customer:

will let you know how I get on

Customer:

thanks for now

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years