Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

HelloI have an ancient Creda Debonair Reversair Tumble

Customer Question

Hello I have an ancient Creda Debonair Reversair Tumble drier. There does not seem to be a serial humber/model number anywhere- I have taken the top off, the kick panel off and opened the back. The door handle which might have held a serial number fell to bits ages ago so I rigged up an alternative. On the back is a label that is unreadable due to rust, water etc. The drier continues to turn but not heat. When i took the back off, I found that the heater elements had an accumulation of dust on them and were no longer intact. The element looks very like this picture except that this picture (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOTPOINT-CREDA-TUMBLE-DRYER-HEATER-ELEMENT-GENUINE-PART-/270358415727) would be mounted upside down in my machine and there is no cutaway to allow the cables access to a thermostat that is screwed on to mine. The element has stamped on its frame is “made by Creda Ltd Type BAR 77, half way along is mounted an Otter V1 UK made thermostat that is an unenclosed bi-metallic strip (Ithink). It looks like the element in the ad has a hole ready to accept a rivet and the bimetallic strip. I imagine i could fairly easily drill out a similar channel, if the advertised element above would work. I have lots of pictures if these would help. So I need a source for the appropriate element and thermostat that would fit it Best ANDY [email protected] www.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XX.XX

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi open the door and look really well on the inner door frame and the door see if you can see the Numbers?
Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for reply.

all my internet searches have said "look inside the door!" but I have looked again just in case.

Apart from stick-on label saying clean off fluff- nothing. peeled off this label just in case and took off door hinge just in case. Nothing.

I have lots of pics but it seems they have to be on the internet to attach them. could find out how to do this if you want.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for reply.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andy,
If you can somehow locate the model# XXXXX can be sure of the parts you need, you will need that even to order anything for this.
I am here when you are ready;-)
Thank you and have a great evening!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Michael

If i had the model number etc. parts ordering would be simple- e.g. parts4u has a box to type the details in. I haven't a model number. I have pictures, but only someone familiar with Creda machines over time would recognise them. Are you such a someone? Did you recognise the nearly-matching part that I had found- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOTPOINT-CREDA-TUMBLE-DRYER-HEATER-ELEMENT-GENUINE-PART-/270358415727? Otherwise, I'm off to the dump!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi You can send me a couple of pics, I have been fixing appliances for over 30 years, but without a model#, parts ordering would be impossible as all parts houses require that now a days, as there are hundreds of thousands of parts.
Also most parts guys, are too young to go through the trouble like we used to do lol;-)
Look all over the unit for a model or even a serial #, i can help you then with this for sure.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya michael

I have looked all over it for a serial number. no good.

thanks for trying.

How can I rate you as willing but unable to assist due to insufficient info?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi you can rate me on this page, also if you could send me a pic or two on here, I may be able to figure that out for you;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Michael

the Rag and bone (and old appliance) man has just taken it away!

I will rate you as good.

Thanks for trying.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOL, I understand I wish i could have been more help!
Have a great day!
Tech Mike, please rate kindly.;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
e
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello michael

As we were going round in circles I fined about the rg and bone. I went to to ebay and found something that looked similar apart from a hole for cable which I felt I could make. I ordered it swapped one bit from my older heater for the bit that did not have the hole and mended it. I am not sure whether I was charged or not for your advice- which, while I appreciated your replying at all, was not very helpful as I can easily order a part that I can identify- th problem was that I could not identify it

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Im glad you got it fixed!
have a great day Andy.