Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We had a power cut in our area last week and since then our

We had a power cut in our area last week and since then our 2 storage heaters (model number 79364/TSR24M) are very hot during the night and have cooled down completely before lunchtime. We would be pleased if you could explain what may have happened and does this mean they are charging up during the day instead of night? Last night we turned off the output and kept the input at our usual number 3 but they were as hot as they ever get at 3.00am when we both woke up because we were too hot.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Sorry to hear that. Has it been any warmer where you are at night? Or just the heaters are getting too hot? This is important information.
Thank you ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been very slightly warmer but not sufficiently so that the heaters would make much difference. We live in a one-bedroom apartment which is always comfortably warm when we are about during the day and if it feels a bit chilly in the evening we put the living room electric fire on for a while. We keep the heaters on low all the time during the winter - input mark 3, output 2 and we find this is just right for us. One is placed in the hall and the other in the living room. When I say the heaters are very hot during the night at the moment, they are about the same heat as they would normally be during the day but being night they do feel hotter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you reply to the answer I sent for the extra information you requested? When I try to put in my e-mail address it comes back that it is registered to a different member yet we have had this address for a number of years without any such problems. This is the first time we have heard of Just Answer so we haven't registered previously and forgotten about it.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Valerie, please let me know if you get this reply;-)
It is normal for the heaters to work harder and get hotter at night, but please let me know if you think they are getting really too hot.
The power cut could have caused this issue as well, but I need to be sure;-)
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay but there appears to be a problem with my e-mail address.

Yes I think the heaters are getting too hot considering the output is only on 2. However normally the heaters are barely warm during the night then the heat starts coming through in a morning possibly about 7 o'clockish. At their hottest you can put your hand on them without burning yourself but you would not want to keep it there for very long.They then keep their heat until into the evening and are still warm when we are going to bed about 10.15pm.

Valerie

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that Valerie.
When the power cut happened there was likely a power surge that hit them and damaged the internal thermostat.
I would have them checked because that can be dangerous.
Most appliance repair can do this for you try a local heating shop in your area for this.
I will stick with you until they are working properly But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Valerie.
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.