KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi, My Beko dishwasher DE6340W is not lighting up. Have checked

Customer Question

My Beko dishwasher DE6340W is not lighting up. Have checked fuse and replaced with a new one, have tried to use a different wall socket and still not switching on. What is the next option, please.

Christine
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

Bought in 2008.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Does any of lights come on ?

KevinWhiteJA :

or it is completely dead ?

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

No lights and can call it completely dead.

KevinWhiteJA :

was there a power cut ?

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

No there was no power cut. It just decided not to work one day. Had used it a couple of days before and worked fine.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems the electronic control is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

however, if you want you can try to clean the drain pump assembly completely before replacing

KevinWhiteJA :

after cleaning if the problem is still there then you will have to replace the electronic control

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

What does the drain pump have to do with the on/off switch. If the on/off switch was lighting up, then I would look for the problem elsewhere. Maybe the electronic control needs replacing like you say.

KevinWhiteJA :

Sometimes the drain pump is blocked so badly that nothing won't even come up...I have seen this issue previously as well...however, looking at the age of the unit I believe it will be the control that will need replacement

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

Thanks. Will look at replacing the control switch.

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

Nothing thanks. Will need to buy the control switch and replace it, to see if that was the problem.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day Christine

JACUSTOMER-sbimza45- :

Thanks, you too.

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)