Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Present microwave oven model no 6666S serial number 99713150

Present microwave oven model no 6666S serial number 99713150 requires engineer to repair or full replacement. Is this possible. Post code PH13PS
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Repair may be possible and replacement should be too.

Have you thought about using Hotpoint for the repair?
They have a range of repair plans that include parts and labour.

British Gas do a fixed price repair for £125, if they can't fix it, there's no charge.

Hotpoint may offer a replacement, not sure if it's through the engineer but they should be able to advise if they can't repair it.
They do charge the full price though, even if it can't be repaired so you need to check out all the plans for the best price.

Let me know if this of any help.
If you would prefer a local engineer, let me know and I can help you find one.

A local engineer may be able to supply if it can't be repaired, it depends on whether or not he's a retailer too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I spent nearly an hour yesterday on the telephone ( XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX trying to get a Hotpoint engineer to come and repair my microwave being passed from one person to another but eventually I was told that because the warranty was out of date nothing could be arranged .My first choice would be to get a Hotpoint/Indesit engineer, second choice British Gas and third choice a Local Engineer. Can you arrange ??

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I can't arrange the call for you.

Copy and paste the following into a new browser window,
It will take you to the information for British Gas, or, simply call 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNto book an appointment.

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/home-electrics/one-off-electrical-appliance-repairs.html

As long as they cover your area, they'll have a look at it for you.
If it can't be repaired, there's no charge.

Check that out, see how you get on and get back to me if you have problems or need help finding an independent repairer.

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Difficult to understand why you could not arrange for a Hotpoint engineer to carry out the work. However I took your advice to contact Scottish Gas and within 15 " arrangements had been made for an engineer to carry out the work.at a time and date suitable to me. Full marks to Scottish Gas

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Unfortunately, you've posted this question on Just Answer, it's not Hotpoint, that's why I can't book anything for you.

I'm a fully trained and experienced engineer and I give up some of my spare time to help people resolve appliance problems.

I hope that I've been of some help to you today.
Hopefully they'll get the appliance repaired and working for you, if not, they won't charge for the call or attempted repair.

Good luck with it.

Hope this helped