Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My new belling fse50 Dow trips my rcd trip when I use the main

My new belling fse50 Dow trips my rcd trip when I use the main oven. Is there a reason for this and how do I get round this? The 32amp mcb doesn't trip which suggests high earth leakage in the main oven.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Has it done this every time since the oven was installed?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it doesn't do it with the top oven or the hob rings.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Allan,
One final question, does it pop the RCD as soon as the oven is switched on or a few seconds later?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It takes around 5 mins before it trips.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Allan, this is a bad main control board.
Since the oven is new it is still fully warranted.
I would say you've done all you can do and would have the manufacturer replace that part or you could exchange the whole thing if you wanted.
That part is expensive and what is wrong is likely a bad stuck relay and when it tries to cut internally it creates a direct short.
I will stick with you until this is repaired or replaced in case you need my further for anything But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Allan.
Tech Michael