Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello, the freezer on my Siemens iQ300 seems to have turned

Hello, the freezer on my Siemens iQ300 seems to have turned itself off but the main fridge is fine - any ideas what to do?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is the freezer?
Also how long has it not been running?
thank you
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael, I've only had it six months, its a fridge freezer and I think the fridge is ok . I think the freezer can only have been off today, it was ok last night I think. I haven't had a reason to open it today until now. I can't see any buttons that relate specifically to the freezer. There is a temperature light at the top of the fridge that shows -18........

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Emma,
how cold is the freezer now?
Also can you hear any fan in the freezer?
Did you buy this new?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I can hear a fan, yes i did buy it new. Sorry am a bit confused because I can't sign up for a monthly service - I thought the cost was a one off.. so I blocked and now some money seems to have been taken out of my account!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
H, you don't need to sigh up for the service, you can do this just one time;-) I monthly a private tech.
Make sense to you?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh ok one panic over! It does seem to be cold, so maybe it has just switched itself off but is ok again? Either way I need to clean out the stuff because everything has defrosted.

Emma

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Emma, it may have just been in defrost mode as that one will do:-)
I will stick with you in case you need me for anything But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks - that's a normal thing is it 'defrost mode'?! I've cleaned out and hopefully it'll be ok again.. thanks for the offer to check back.

Emma

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Emma, yes that perfectly normal.
I will be here;-)
Have a great day and please rate kindly.Happy to help.
Tech Michael