Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a whirlpool electric hob ACM802. It has come with NO

I have a whirlpool electric hob ACM802. It has come with NO wires at all. I have spent about 24 hours in the last week just trying to track these things down. They look like 2 large USB ports and one that looks like a sleeve which is the earth. Both Currys and Whirlpool are being zero help in helping me get these things. Hence why I am up at this time of the night.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
How old is this appliance?
Can you post the 12 digit number beginning with 85 from the label on the machine?
You'll need to prefix it with A so it's not crossed out.

eg. A854500015001

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. It is brand new. Had it delivered on January 6th for fitting in the kitchen last week. The number you want is A855780201003.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

You are missing the 2 mains cable leads that normally come with the appliance.

For the UK power you need the larger 2.5mm cable (there's a smaller 1.5mm cable listed but as it's a 7kw hob, you need the larger one) and the part number is #481010638939, item number on the drawings is 490 3

It's a 5 core wire, split into 3 connectors.
1 connector is the 2 neutrals, another is the 2 lives and the single one is the earth.

The other end is the 5 bare connections to the house wiring.

No third party parts supplier appears to be supplying this in the UK.

If you give the part number to Currys, they should be able to communicate with Whirlpool and obtain the part.

To be honest, Currys should be doing all the running around for this.

Hope this helps
Let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. As soon as they are open I will get onto Currys and have another go at them! Hopefully with this information I may get somewhere! Will get back to you after I have spoken to them.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Good luck with it,