canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

We have a Bosch logixx fridge freezer KAKGU320. It keeps forming

We have a Bosch logixx fridge freezer KAKGU320. It keeps forming ice on the floor of the freezer part. We have removed the back inside panel and can see a hole towards the right side, at the back, underneath the condenser. The hole is full of water (and there is a white piece of plastic floating on the top, which is too big to get out through the hole with tweezers) Is this the drainage hole we should be trying to unblock with wire?. It ( the hole) is about 1 cm. across and is partly covered by a metal plate, which is part of the condenser, and access to it is not very easy.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Condensation drains down that hole into a pan under the fridge where it evaporates. If you access the tubing under it and clean any debris that will allow the condensate to drain again.

Customer:

How do you access the tubing ? Do you have to remove the condenser ?

canuck the pro :

No you should be able to remove the panel at the bottom on the back. Once you remove the panel on the back you will see the pan.

Customer:

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX give it a try.