Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Dewalt D27107 flipover saw. the overload trip has

I have a Dewalt D27107 flipover saw. the overload trip has tripped and it wont un-trip. the saw has had a week to cool down so its not because its still hot.

I hope you can help

Adrian Hunt
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adrian,
How old is your saw?
thank you
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike

Thanks for offering to help, I bought the saw in 2010 March/April

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Adrian,
This is likely a bad interrupt, To fix this you can replace that part its the overload protector.
I will help you with this if you need. Its easy to do with just a few basic tools.
They are known to fail from time to time.
Here is the best place to order that part:please visit this site.
http://service.dewalt.co.uk/

Dewalt is an excellent tool maker;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Adrian.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is just one thing I have noticed : The switch box has 3 screws to remove it with a standard pozzidrive but to dismantle the box is not possible as it is fixed with star drive screws with a security device that renders them un-turnable. i.e it wont allow the star bit to go in the socket.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adrian, you can usually get them out with a tiny screw driver or you could get the security bit for that at most hardware stores and online as well;-)
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to say, I have got to get on with other things now and I will use my old saw for the time being and get this sorted later. It ll take some time to get my head around the Dewalt web site i will let you know how I get on

bye for now . Adrian

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adrian, Please rate kindly for my time and research it costs you nothing more to do that;-)
Thank you XXXXX