Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The bulb has in the fridge compartment of our LG GWB227YVQ

The bulb has blown in the fridge compartment of our LG GWB227YVQ 20.1 cu ft Frost Free Food Centre, but we cannot remove the lamp cover to make bulb access. On page 23 of the LG SXS Refrigerator User Guide, Care & Maintenance section it says, 'To remove the lamp cover, press the protusion under the lamp cover to the front & then pull the lamp cover out'. There is no 'protrusion' under the lamp cover, nor any protrusion anywhere on the lamp cover. I've tried pressing & pulling in all directions but the lamp cover does not want to budge. It appears to be firmly held by two lugs towards the top. I don't want to prise it open here in case of damage to lamp cover or lamp compartment. Any suggestions? (We didn't have any problems with the freezer bulb when that blew). Nigel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi this is one of those time lol;-)
What you need is a really thin blade flathead screwdriver and pry under the lens cover gently in different spots til it does pop off.
Please let me know if you need further assistance I will be here.
Also please rate kindly, you will not lose me by doing that nor will it cost you anything further.
I will then be able to schedule free follow ups with ypu and you can always get to me by replying to this message;-)
Thank you tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Michael.

Have managed to extract the lens cover with an electrician's pattern screwdriver as per your advice, although it still proved rather reluctant to come off. However I can now access the bulb.

Nigel