Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a hoover VHD814-80 washing machine sometimes it gets

Customer Question

I have a hoover VHD814-80 washing machine sometimes it gets half way through its wash cycle shuts down comes back on with the time saver light flashing you have to switch off for couple of minuites & then turn to drain manually & spin manually to finish. but somtimes its ok
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi and thank you for Using Just Answer. Per your problem I could use some more information about what it does or doesn't do. When you say it gets half way through the cycle do you hear any noises? any clicking? vibration? grinding? anything? When you mentioned this, it sounds like a timer is worn out. Like it's not advancing into the next mode. Like wash to rince or rince to spin. Before we go on, try this first ...

On some programmes these machines stop during the rinses and do not pump the water out. This is because it may have stopped on the Fast Iron feature. This is where the machine suspends the clothes in water prior to the final spin. Check to see if the Fast Iron light is flashing, if it is then press the Fast Iron button and the machine will pump the water out and complete the final spin.

Please let me know if this helps. Otherwise anymore information you can provide would be a big help. Thanks

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary No just stops whole screen goes blank for 1 or 2 seconds then just comes back on time saver light flashing & the 30 min bar on screen . Is the timer the washing machine electronic module or programmed washing machine module

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for getting back.

Question: You say you get a 30 minute bar on your screen, does this count down and then prodeed to continue to wash or does it stay that way and go dormant?

It has been my experiences with these machines that the program module goes out. They have a way of wearing out because it is the only moving part that you control your wash cycle.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your wonderful responce. I hope everything works out for you on this machine. If there is anything else I can help you with in the future please let me know.

I wish you the best

Gary