KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi,Having a problem with a hotpoint washing machine. Model

Customer Question

Hi, Having a problem with a hotpoint washing machine. Model no. WMF 740G. H20 in digital display. What I have done so far. 1) Water supply is good, Filter is clean. 2) Checked pump filter. It was blocked and is now clean. H20 is still not resolved. What the machine is doing. Water is being taken in at the start of cycle. However the water is being pumped out before the cycle starts. When it is finished pumping out, it start to refill and the cycle will then begin. H20 bleeping intermittently throughout. John

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi John, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

around 5 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK...H20 is a water error and is normally caused due to the pressure switch of the unit...you will have to unplug it and then take the top off the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

after this check if the pressure switch/hose is completely clean

Customer:

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

Hotpoint WMF 740 A (UK).R Linear Pressure Switch
Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

check this image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the pressure switch for your washer

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Looking for the pressure switch, but don't see this unit as illustrated

KevinWhiteJA :

it is located on the top left of the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

there should be a small hose attached to it...make sure nothing is blocked there

Customer:

I have found it and removed it from its housing. It is not blocked. However this could be the problem as when observing the machine in operation and listening to the water entering, it sounded like excessive pressure. It did over fill and flood. I reduced the water pressure with the shut of valve on the pipe. This was previous to contacting you. Do I need to buy a new pressure switch?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, just give some taps on the pressure switch and then put it back...plug the unit and try to run the washer again...let me know if the error returns

Customer:

will do. water flowing in to machine now. keep you posted

KevinWhiteJA :

sure...I will wait...please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Seems to be running normally. It's in a cycle ( on clothes) and no error as yet.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok...lets wait for 2 more minutes

Customer:

What would of caused that problem ?

KevinWhiteJA :

usually if something is stuck in the pressure switch or if the pressure switch itself is stuck...will cause this error

KevinWhiteJA :

I don't think the error should appear again as it has not appeared till now :)

Customer:

Yes, it seems to be resolved. Thanks for your time. I used this service a few years ago for a dishwasher and it is still running.

KevinWhiteJA :

That's great :) ...You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day John

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

Customer:

Thanks a mil Kevin.

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin,

That problem reoccurred again on friday. I went through the same resolution process as before, today. It is working ok again. do you think I should replace the pressure regulator ?

Hi John

Please make sure there is no leak anywhere...if it returns then yes replace the pressure switch.

Kevin
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Excellent feedback is appreciated...Thanks