Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE LIGHT BULB? SAMSUNG FRIDGE FREEZER MODEL

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE LIGHT BULB? SAMSUNG FRIDGE FREEZER MODEL NO.RL38SCPS - SERIAL NO.C73341 AS2004
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your fridge?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael, pretty sure we bought it in March 2008.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Janice,
Does the lamp have a plastic cover over it in the fridge section?
Also do you have a source for that lamp, or did you need me to locate one for you?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael, yes it does have plastic cover over it which says Max 40W on it, but we need to know how to remove the cover without doing any damage to it as it is not immediately obvious.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Janice, What you need to make sure of is that thee aren't any screws holding it, as there shouldn't be on that model, then with a small thin blade screwdriver or putty knife, gently pry it up, being careful not to force it. As for the lamp, you can use any 40 W appliance bulb;-)
I will stick with you until this is done, please ask before breaking anything lol!
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Janice.
Tech Michael