Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Prestige fridge thermostar not working

Customer Question

Prestige fridge thermostar not working
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your fridge?
Also what exactly is it doing, any sounds, cooling at all, fans running etc.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fridge is 3 years old in july this year. It is not changing to 5degree as advised .After defrosting it returns to 12 - 14 degrees. It first took my notice when I noticed ice in the top the left hand corner, on removal it still did not return to normal.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Avril, thank you.
I need to know for sure if everything else seems normal?
Also when you defrosted the unit, was there any excess frost on the rear wall inside the freezer, and why did you defrost the unit? Was it just because of this problem?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was excess frost -a large block- at back left hand corner no where else. The fridge was defrosted because we advised by the shop where we bought it.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Avril, this is a sure sigh that there is a defrost component failure.
Do you have a meter for testing? If not thats ok, you could replace the couple of parts anyway lol.
You will need to work with me on this, its not complicated and I can let you know the best place to get these parts.
It will solve your problem.
Its going to be either the defrost timer, or the heater or the bi-metal sensor, all very easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools.
Please let me know if you would like to do this and save some bucks;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Avril.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
It will solve your problem.
Thank you Avril.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Please write to me on this page, simply reply to me here.
Tech Michael