KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have an old zanussi FL 828 w/machine and it has suddenly

Customer Question

i have an old zanussi FL 828 w/machine and it has suddenly cut out and stopped put another fuse in plug but still nothing ...and washing stuck machine...
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and have you tried to clean the drain pump filter assembly located at the bottom front of the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

don't know

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

just says zanussi FL828...its electrically thats not working

KevinWhiteJA :

I understand however, sometimes if something is stuck inside the drain pump assembly it won't start at all

KevinWhiteJA :

if you have already tried to clean it and there are no lights in the front

KevinWhiteJA :

then you will have to replace the electronic control board

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

is the pump the at the bottem on the front....also the washing is in the machine and full of water

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you will have to open the small cap located at the bottom right side looking from the front to clean the drain pump filter

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

ok give me a minite ..not sure how much water will come out

KevinWhiteJA :

yep use some towels and a place a pan beneath that filter

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

hi i have cleaned out filter but won't go on

KevinWhiteJA :

have you cleaned it while it was unplugged ?

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

yeah why whats the difference

KevinWhiteJA :

no just checking...so there are not lights at the front of the unit and it is completely dead

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

yep

KevinWhiteJA :

ok the electronic control will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost you around £50

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

and then gotta be fitted be better getting a new one!!!

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, how good are your DIY skills ?

KevinWhiteJA :

if you want to fit it yourself you will have to take the front off to fit the new board

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

true but how do you get it off

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

the one good thing i can now get my washing out

KevinWhiteJA :

:)

KevinWhiteJA :

the top panel comes off

KevinWhiteJA :

after this is off you will have to take the front fascia out

KevinWhiteJA :

and then gain access to the electronic control to replace it

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

ok thanX..i've unplugged it and pulled it out to middle of floor..i will try and do that but will most likely just get a new one

KevinWhiteJA :

OK....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-5uvqhrwl- :

no thanks so much

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks